Ga. health rankings: Fulton County | Health
(WXIA) -- A new report offers detailed health statistics for each of Georgia's counties.
The findings, which are posted at countyhealthrankings.org, determined that Forsyth is Georgia's healthiest county. Early is the least healthy.
Fulton is Georgia's 20th healthiest county, according to the data. It ranks 24th for quality of life, 6th for health behaviors (such as smoking and obesity), 14th for clinical care, 60th for social and economic factors (like graduation rates and violent crimes), and 156th for physical environment.
Here are some interesting takeaways about Fulton County:
* 11% of adult residents are in "poor or fair" health
* 22% of adult residents are obese
* 22% of residents are uninsured
* 75.6% of adult residents completed at least some college coursework
* 42% of children live in single-parent households
* 36% of adult residents have what would be considered a "long" daily commute