Fulton County is ready for Election Day | News
FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -- On Tuesday, Nov. 4, all 370 precincts in Fulton County will open to welcome voters. The Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections is confident that pre-election preparations will result in an easy and pleasant voting experience for all electors. As always, administrative and technical support is available in the field and at the Election phone bank to address questions that may arise.
As of Oct. 30, 75,051 voters have cast ballots during early voting and 5,942 via absentee ballot.
Voters who plan to vote in person on Nov. 4 should keep the following points in mind:
- Voters must vote at their assigned polling place listed on their voter information card. Any voter who is unsure of where to vote should go to the Elections Department website at www.fultonelections.com or call 404-612-7020.
- Voters must provide identification that contains both a photo and signature in order to vote. Acceptable forms of ID include Georgia driver’s license (or ID card issued by a Georgia Department of Georgia Voters are required to show one of six forms of valid photo identification when voting in person, during the absentee or advanced voting period or at the polls on Election Day. The valid forms of identification are as follows:
- A Georgia driver’s license, even if expired.
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar or Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
- Valid U.S. passport.
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of this state.
- Valid U.S. military photo ID.
- Valid tribal photo ID.
If a voter does not have one of these forms of photo identification, they can obtain a FREE Voter ID card at their County Registrars’ office or the Georgia Department of Driver’s Services.
- Polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day. Any voter(s) in line at 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters are encouraged to “Be Election Ready”. To prepare in advance of heading to the polls, all voters can review sample ballots at www.fultonelections.com.
Voters who requested an Absentee Ballot must turn it in to the Registration and Elections Office by 7:00 pm on Election Day (Tuesday, November 4th). Photo identification is not necessary when voting by mail (except for first time registered voters in Georgia who register by mail). As a reminder, state law requires the voter to sign the outside of their absentee ballot envelope. Remember to sign INSIDE the red box on the back of the envelope. It is important that the signature on the voter certificate matches the signature on record.
For more information, please call 404-612-7020 or visit http://www.fultonelections.com. Voters may track Election Day results by watching FGTV on cable Comcast or AT&T UVERSE. Three press briefings will held at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.