Fulton Co. hosting foreclosure prevention fair Sept. 24 | News
ATLANTA -- The Fulton County Department of Housing and Human Services' Office of Housing and Community Development are hosting a foreclosure prevention fair on Saturday, Sept. 24.
The fair will be held at Atlanta's Westlake High School from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Counselors will be on hand to provide foreclosure counseling and assistance. The counselors will help homeowners assess their current situation and determine if the homeowners qualify for the Obama Administration's Making Home Affordable program.
The Making Home Affordable program helps homeowners get refinancing or loan modifications to help them stay in their homes.
Participants need to bring two copies of the following documents to obtain assistance at the fair:
• Two most recent monthly mortgage statements
• Recent Lender/Mortgage Company communications (letters and emails)
• One month of most recent pay stubs for all household members contributing toward mortgage payment
• Your tax return; if self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement and two years of tax returns
• Documentation of income received from other sources (alimony, child support, social security, etc.)
• Two most recent bank statements
• Copies of monthly bills: utilities, auto, insurances, etc.
• Unemployment insurance letter
• Property tax statement
• Current homeowners insurance policy
• Personal loan statements
• Most recent credit card statements
• Settlement statement/HUD 1 from your mortgage closing
• Mortgage deed (Warranty or Security Deed)
For more information, call the Fulton County Department of Housing and Human Services at 404-613-7944.